TulsaFood.com is tracking unique cauliflower recipes in the Tulsa food scene over the next few months and to start they met with SMOKE’s own Chef Erik Reynolds! Check out article here and read below for our delicious Korean Fried Cauliflower recipe!
Korean Fried Cauliflower
(4-6 as an appetizer)
1 cup gochujang (Korean Chili Paste)
3 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 cup peeled and minced ginger
8 green onions (scallions) thinly sliced
2/3 cup of low sodium soy sauce
2/3 cup of rice wine vinegar
1/4 light brown sugar
1/4 cup of honey
2 tablespoons sesame oil
1 head of cauliflower cut into bite size florets
1 cup of flour
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1 1/4 cup cold water
salt & pepper for seasoning
1 quart of peanut or canola oil
black and white sesame seeds
green onions (scallions) sliced on the diagonal
honey for drizzling
- For the sauce, place all ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth.
- For the batter, mix flour and cornstarch in a medium mixing bowl, add water and whisk until smooth.
- Coat each floret in batter, and remove any excess.
- Carefully drop each floret into 350 degree oil and fry until golden brown.
- Drain onto paper towels and season with salt and pepper.
- In a mixing bowl toss florets in sauce and garnish with black and white sesame seeds, scallions and drizzle with honey.